A2 Articulation Program
Oral Motor Course uses hierarchical based approaches by feeding and tools, as well as Speech software introduced from UK, to improve speech clarity and treat stuttering, pitch and volume disorders.
Applicable group and symptoms
- Preschool children and school children's speech problems: inability to speak, nasal emission, asophia, stuttering, voice disorder, low volume, no pitch, hyper nasality.
- Oral motor disabilities due to high risk factors (premature birth, jaundice and low birth weight): Drooling, feeding disorder, swallowing disorder, chewing disorder, finger biting.
- Delayed speech problems due to clinical disorder (Downs Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Autism, Hearing Disorder, Cleft Palate).
- Primary Course: Bilabial sounds, labiodental (sound), Apical consonant (middle), simple finals.
- Junior Course: Front Palatals, Velars, Alveolar nasal sounds, Velar nasal sounds.
- Senior Course: Apical consonant (front), Apical consonant (back), compound finals.
- Preschool children’s preparation for school.
- Improve oral motor development.
- Improve speech clarity.
- Improve speech fluency.
- Oral Motor training is a basic step to improve articulation. We also use speech software introduced from UK，speech cards designed by OST to assist.
- After 2008, OST held several trainings about SRJ Oral Motor Placement Therapy Program all over China and trained more than 2000 medical workers. SRJ Oral Motor Placement Therapy Program is generally replacing traditional therapy methods of single oral-massage and photo-card education,and complemented the drawbacks of these methods.
- Therapists from America, UK, HK, Taiwan. They give therapy sessions, do evaluations and therapist training.
- Therapists from Mainland China. 80% graduate from Medical Science and Clinical Psychology. 20% graduate from Education.
- From an assistant therapist to a confident therapist, who can give therapy sessions and make therapy plan independently, they will need an One-year intensive course of both theories and clinical practice and one to two years clinical experience. To become Junior Therapist, Senior Therapist, Supervisor and evaluator, a therapist should experience several tests and assessments. All therapists should meet two important standards that is qualified therapy effect and a certain amount of therapy hours. Besides tests and assessments, therapists should receive training from Hong Kong special education, and American SRJ Oral Motor Placement Program certification and obtain certificates.
- With 9 years’ persistent effort, OST has 30 supervisors including therapists from America and HK, 38 evaluators, 186 junior therapists and higher including therapists graduated from Universities from HK, US and UK who obtain bachelor or master degrees.