B3 Attention Program
The program is designed and trained face to face by US therapists team. By using large-scale equipment (such as interactive projector) and setting scenes, the program aims to improve the abilities of social interaction, expression, attention and etc., so that children can do better preparation for school life.
Applicable group and symptoms
- Pre-school and school children with bad attentiveness and ADHD: unable to sit well in classes; unable to stop watching TV; unable to persist in something; poor memory.
- Delayed speech problems due to high risk factors (premature birth, jaundice and low birth weight).
- Social disorders and attentiveness deficits due to clinical disorder (Downs Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Autism, Hearing Disorder, Cleft Palate).
- Sitting well, waiting and taking turns.
- Visual, auditory and tactile attentiveness.
- Sustainability, separability and selectivity of attentiveness.
- Preschool children’s preparation for school.
- Improve visual, auditory and tactile attentiveness.
- Motivation of learning and improve learning attentiveness.
- lengthen time of sitting well and improve capability of following commands.
- The program is designed and trained face to face by HK and US therapist team. With clear teaching steps and rich content, children can improve their speech ability for preparation of school life. There are also some interactive equipments, cards and toys to make the sessions interesting and helpful.Lots of group activities also added to therapy sessions.
- After 2008, OST held several trainings about SRJ Oral Motor Placement Therapy Program all over China and trained more than 2000 medical workers. SRJ Oral Motor Placement Therapy Program is generally replacing traditional therapy methods of single oral-massage and photo-card education,and complemented the drawbacks of these methods.
- Therapists from America, UK, HK, Taiwan. They give therapy sessions, do evaluations and therapist training.
- Therapists from Mainland China. 80% graduate from Medical Science and Clinical Psychology. 20% graduate from Education.
- From an assistant therapist to a confident therapist, who can give therapy sessions and make therapy plan independently, they will need an One-year intensive course of both theories and clinical practice and one to two years clinical experience. To become Junior Therapist, Senior Therapist, Supervisor and evaluator, a therapist should experience several tests and assessments. All therapists should meet two important standards that is qualified therapy effect and a certain amount of therapy hours. Besides tests and assessments, therapists should receive training from Hong Kong special education, and American SRJ Oral Motor Placement Program certification and obtain certificates.
- With 9 years’ persistent effort, OST has 30 supervisors including therapists from America and HK, 38 evaluators, 186 junior therapists and higher including therapists graduated from Universities from HK, US and UK who obtain bachelor or master degrees.