B5 Visual-Auditory Training Program
By using some multi-sensory equipment from UK, this program is developed and trained by experts from UK. With the multifarious teaching materials, children can improve comprehensive skills, expressive skills, communication skills, study motivation and attention by various trainings e.g. visual-auditory concentration, visual-auditory desensitization, auditory comprehension.
Applicable groups and symptoms
- Preschool children and school children: weak visual and auditory reaction, weak attentiveness.
- Delayed speech problems due to high risk factors (premature birth, jaundice and low birth weight): timid, late-talker, slow response of sound and light.
- Social disorders and attentiveness deficits due to clinical disorder (Downs Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Autism, Hearing Disorder, Cleft Palate).
- visual-auditory input and output.
- visual-auditory distinguish.
- visual-auditory concentration.
- visual-auditory desensitization.
- visual-auditory comprehension.
- Preschool children’s preparation for school.
- Improve comprehension and expression ability.
- Motivation of learning and improve learning attentiveness.
- Improve capability of following rules.
- Cultivate social capacity in strange group.
- Multi-sensory training for children with Autism.
- lengthen time of sitting well and improve capability of following commands.
- In 2008, SRJ Oral Motor Placement Program was introduced by OST. Sara Johnson and her team trained our therapist personally. In nearly 3 years, therapist has undergone thousands of cases and obtained relevant certificates.
- After 2008, OST held several trainings about SRJ Oral Motor Placement Therapy Program all over China and trained more than 2000 medical workers. SRJ Oral Motor Placement Therapy Program is generally replacing traditional therapy methods of single oral-massage and photo-card education,and complemented the drawbacks of these methods.
- Therapists from America, UK, HK, Taiwan. They give therapy sessions, do evaluations and therapist training.
- Therapists from Mainland China. 80% graduate from Medical Science and Clinical Psychology. 20% graduate from Education.
- From an assistant therapist to a confident therapist, who can give therapy sessions and make therapy plan independently, they will need an One-year intensive course of both theories and clinical practice and one to two years clinical experience. To become Junior Therapist, Senior Therapist, Supervisor and evaluator, a therapist should experience several tests and assessments. All therapists should meet two important standards that is qualified therapy effect and a certain amount of therapy hours. Besides tests and assessments, therapists should receive training from Hong Kong special education, and American SRJ Oral Motor Placement Program certification and obtain certificates.
- With 9 years’ persistent effort, OST has 30 supervisors including therapists from America and HK, 38 evaluators, 186 junior therapists and higher including therapists graduated from Universities from HK, US and UK who obtain bachelor or master degrees.