B1 Cognitive Development, Logistic Thinking and Expression
B1 program is designed by Ko Chin Pang, Patrick, BSc Hons of Speech and Hearing Science of Hong Kong University, and OST therapist team. With clear teaching steps and rich content, children can improve their speech ability for preparation of school life. There are also some interactive equipments, cards and toys to make the sessions interesting and helpful.
Applicable group and symptoms
- Pre-school and school children with delayed development of social behavioral skills, self-confidence, comprehending and reasoning.
- Late-talker, weak visual and auditory reflection.
- Delayed speech problems due to clinical disorder (Downs Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Autism, Hearing Disorder, Cleft Palate).
- Cognitive understanding: multi-sensory training (visual/auditory/tactile), gross motor imitation, simple subject understanding, matching, relevant matching, vocabulary understanding, questions understanding, sequencing, association and inference, problems solving.
- Expression: vocabulary, negative, verb, long sentence with 2-3 elements, sequence, tell a story in a picture, social expression.
- Preschool children’s preparation for school.
- Improve expression ability.
- Enrich vocabulary and improve cognitive understanding.
- Improve abilities of imaging, independent thinking, problems solving and inferencing.
- Improve self-confidence.
- The program is designed and trained face to face by HK therapist team. With clear teaching steps and rich content, children can improve their speech ability for preparation of school life. There are also some interactive equipments, cards and toys to make the sessions interesting and helpful.Lots of group activities also added to therapy sessions.
- After 2008, OST held several trainings about SRJ Oral Motor Placement Therapy Program all over China and trained more than 2000 medical workers. SRJ Oral Motor Placement Therapy Program is generally replacing traditional therapy methods of single oral-massage and photo-card education,and complemented the drawbacks of these methods.
- Therapists from America, UK, HK, Taiwan. They give therapy sessions, do evaluations and therapist training.
- Therapists from Mainland China. 80% graduate from Medical Science and Clinical Psychology. 20% graduate from Education.
- From an assistant therapist to a confident therapist, who can give therapy sessions and make therapy plan independently, they will need an One-year intensive course of both theories and clinical practice and one to two years clinical experience. To become Junior Therapist, Senior Therapist, Supervisor and evaluator, a therapist should experience several tests and assessments. All therapists should meet two important standards that is qualified therapy effect and a certain amount of therapy hours. Besides tests and assessments, therapists should receive training from Hong Kong special education, and American SRJ Oral Motor Placement Program certification and obtain certificates.
- With 9 years’ persistent effort, OST has 30 supervisors including therapists from America and HK, 38 evaluators, 186 junior therapists and higher including therapists graduated from Universities from HK, US and UK who obtain bachelor or master degrees.